Sometimes a company can’t answer an incoming call because all the employees are already on the phone or helping a walk-in customer. When this happens, the call goes to a waiting queue.
Instead of leaving a voicemail and having a member of your staff retrieve and listen to the message and call back; your caller can just wait a few seconds or a couple of minutes while listening to relaxing music.
Queues consist of:
- Incoming calls being placed in the queue
- Members that answer the queue (extensions or users that login as agents)
- A strategy for how to handle the queue and divide calls between members
- Music played while waiting in the queue
- Optional announcements for members and callers
Per-minute charges apply for incoming calls to "1-800" toll-free numbers.